Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Tour route: Hanoi, Sapa, Lao Cai
Transportation type: Car, Train
Tour code: IET - VN 3. 3
Day 1: Sapa – CatCat – 2900m camp-site (-; L; D)
- Group meeting for regional information and tour briefing at 08. 30.
- Leaving Sapa at 09. 00 for a road walk downhill for an hour to CatCat Village of the H’mong at the foot of Fansipan.
- Cross the river and trek along a trail for almost the whole morning through rain forest up and down hill to 2200m peak. Lunch break for an hour.
- Afternoon trek gets tougher as the trail winds its way on steep mountain sides through bamboo forest. The plantation changes a lot as the trail reaches to higher elevation.
- Arrive to the camp-site at 2900m peak in late afternoon. Relax and free to explore the wild surrounding.
Day summary: Trekking about 6 to 7 hours, grade 5 of 5 // Camping.
Day 2: Mount 2900m – Fansipan Peak – 2200m camp-site (B; L; D)
- Breakfast and leave the camp-site at 08. 00. The trek gets though bamboo forest and flat land of grass for an hour and then getting up very steep mountain side for nearly 1, 5 hour to reach to the Peak!
Congratulation! You have conquered the roof on Indo-China at the height of 3143m. In a nice day, great view of a vast region westwards to Lai Chau, eastwards to Lao Cai…even further to China and Dien Bien Phu are all in your sight and under your feet.
- The way back is easier and it takes only 1, 5 hour back to the 2, 99m camp-site for lunch.
- Leaving the campsite at 2. 00 pm along the same trail back for 3 hours and arrive at the 2, 200m camp-site at about 5. 00 pm.
- Relax and free to explore the wild surrounding nature.
Day summary: Trekking about 6 to hours, grade 5 of 5 // Camping.
Day 3: Camp-site 2, 200m – Sin Chai Village – Sapa (B; L; -)
- Breakfast and leave the camp-site at 08. 00. The trek gets mostly downhill for 1 hour and then turn left to a narrower trail getting through thick primitive forest for 2 hours. Arriving to the upstream of the Muong Hoa River at noon. Lunch break.
- Afternoon trek last for nearly 2 hours downhill passing through several isolated hamlets of the H’mong. Arriving to Sin Chai at about 3. 00 pm.
- Picked up for a short road transfer uphill to Sapa.
Day summary: Trekking about 5 hours, grade 4 of 5 // Transfer: 6 km.
Note: It is dangerous to visitors those having high blood pressure or other heart sickness!.
TOUR PRICE: This is a sample itinerary so the cost really depends on your hotel choice, number of people in your group and time of travel. Please contact us to customize this itinerary and price to meet your needs and budget.
• English or French speaking guide
• Black Hmong porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 clients)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof blue bag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Train ticket (Hanoi - Laocai -Hanoi) upon request
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above.